Elevate Your Decision
Driver-based planning is an approach to planning and management that is focused on identifying an organization’s key business and value drivers and then creating business plans and budgets based on these key drivers. Instead of having managers budget or forecast every single line in their cost center budgets, the focus is on updating key metrics that drive other revenue and expense line items via calculations. The goal of driver-based planning is to focus business plans on the factors that are most critical to driving success, then creating mathematical models that enable managers to run scenarios based on these drivers to understand the impact on projected business results.
Driver-based Modeling empowers you to:
- Understand the true value-drivers or levers of your business
- Analyze how changes in drivers can impact future business outcomes
- Pursue higher ROI activities
- Provide more confidence in you strategic decisions and plans
- Save time and effort in the planning and reporting process
- Optimize financial performance
Driver-Based Modeling with Planful
Regardless of your industry or business model, Planful has you covered. Planful is the Continuous Planning platform that gives you the power to quickly and easily analyze the impact of key variables on your business plans, and then confidently choose the course of action that optimizes your business results.
- Build models and calculations that focus on the key factors that drive your business operations
- Change input assumptions and watch the models automatically calculate the new results
- Connect models together to see how changes to one model affects the rest of your business operations
- Analyze the output of your modeling analysis with a robust library of reporting formats and delivery options
- Share your insights with the whole team and get input and buy-in from all key stakeholders
- Turn insights into action today
Learn more about how Planful can support driver-based modeling in your organization.
How to Create Allocations Based on Headcount
A finance how-to in 30 minutes or less presented by top finance practitioners and thought leaders in the EPM space.
Using What-If Scenarios in Financial and Operational Modeling
Financial and operational modeling can be used to visualize a variety of business scenarios, based on different business drivers. This allows companies to gain deeper insights into the ways each decision will affect their businesses.
What Is Driver-based Planning?
Driver-based planning is an approach to planning and management that is focused on identifying an organization’s key business and value drivers and then creating business plans and budgets based on these key drivers.